- Our pick. Therm-a-Rest LuxuryMap Sleeping Pad. The best sleeping pad for car camping.
- Our pick. Sea to Summit Ether Light XT Insulated Air Sleeping Mat.
- Also great. Exped MegaMat Duo 10 M.
- Budget pick. Therm-a-Rest Z Lite Sol.
- Also great. Exped Widget Pump.
What type of sleeping pad is best for side sleepers?
Side sleepers tend to prefer thicker pads, such as the Big Agnes Q-Core Deluxe. Any inflatable pad over 3.5 inches thick will be on the more plush side, whereas most foam pads are less than 1 inch thick.
How can I make my sleeping mat more comfortable?
Layering sleeping pads add to the R-value of your insulating layer which leaves you warmer, and more comfortable throughout the night. If your sleeping pad doesn’t have buttons, we suggest using grip tape, paracord, or bungee to keep your sleeping pads safely on top of one another.
Which therm-a-rest is the most comfortable?
Therm-a-Rest NeoAir Xtherm
We can’t find a single comparable pad on the market that balances warmth and comfort with versatile features. We’re fans of the pad’s newly improved valve system and had no hesitation crowning the NeoAir XTherm our favorite pad.