What is the best travel yoga mat?
- YOGO Ultralight Travel Yoga Mat.
- Manduka EKO superlite Travel Mat.
- MIKKOA | Best Travel Mat for Hot Yoga (& Most Beautiful Mat!)
- Jade Voyager Fold Up Yoga Mat.
- Gaiam | Most Affordable Travel Yoga Mat.
- Liforme Travel Yoga Mat | Best Mat for Alignment.
- Store it rolled.
- Keep it clean.
Why is my Manduka mat so slippery?
Regarding the PRO mat, Manduka states that it regularly takes about three months of daily practice with a little slipping during this time until the friction of hands and feet has broken the surface. If the mat is used less frequently, the “break in” process will of course take longer as well.
How do I stop my Manduka yoga mat from slipping?
I put a generous amount of coarse sea salt on the top (side with the logo on it) and let it sit for 24 hours. Then, I wipe it down in circular motions top to bottom with a damp cloth. I’ve found this method really helps get extra muck off of my mat that’s making me slip.