Is Flipping necessary in an air fryer?
This all may sound self-explanatory, but it’s an important fact to remember: Even if your air fryer has top-notch air circulation from its fan, you need to give most larger pieces of food (such as pork chops, burgers, and chicken cutlets) a turn about halfway through cooking.
What are the instructions for an air fryer?
- Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- It’s ok to pull the basket out to check on the progress of your food during the cooking cycle.
- Choose the right temperature.
- Shake or flip part way through to cook evenly.
- Dry foods well to get them crispy.
- Air frying presets.
Can you overcook in an air fryer?
You can easily overcook things
Since air fryers are mini convection ovens, they usually speed up the cooking process. As a result, they tend to overcook foods, even at the suggested time on the packet. For example, my vegetable spring rolls were too hard and almost inedible despite cooking for the suggested 15 minutes.