- Add water to the air fryer drawer when cooking fatty foods.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket.
- Flip foods over halfway through the cooking time.
- Open the air fryer as often as you like to check for doneness.
- Use toothpicks to hold foods down.
- Shake the basket.
- Spray with oil part way through.
What Cannot be cooked in Airfryer?
Any food with a wet batter should not be placed in the air fryer. You also want to avoid putting food that has a wet batter, like corndogs or tempura shrimp, in air fryers.
Can you put aluminum foil in an air fryer?
You can use tin foil in an air fryer basket, you just need to make sure the foil doesn’t cover all of the holes in the basket. Those holes are what allow the heat and air to push up from the heating element into the basket and then back down again as it cooks.
What is the secret to air frying?
Don’t overcrowd the basket. If you want your fried foods to turn out crispy, you’ll want to make sure you don’t overcrowd the basket. Placing too much food in the basket will prevent your food from crisping and browning. To ensure this doesn’t happen, cook your food in batches or invest in a bigger air fryer.