Can an exercise mat be too thick?
Pick a mat that’s too thin and you may experience a lot of discomfort in your knees, wrists and ankles when you hold poses for a long time. At the other end of the spectrum, one that is just too thick for you can slow down your movement and keep you from feeling 100% supported – you’ll just hopelessly sink into it.
Is a thick or thin exercise mat better?
What is the best floor mat for exercise?
- Best Overall: BalanceFrom GoCloud All-Purpose Extra Thick Exercise Mat.
- Best for Small Home Gyms: Wellnessmats® Fitness Mats.
- Best for Fitness Classes: Nike Training Mat 2.0.
- Best for Travel: Gaiam Yoga Mat Folding Travel Fitness & Exercise Mat.
- Best Floor Cover: BalanceFrom Puzzle Exercise Mat.