- 1 ProsourceFit Folding Tumbling Mat – Best Overall.
- 2 BalanceFrom GoGym Tumbling Mat – Runner Up.
- 3 AKSPORT Tumbling Mat – Honorable Mention.
- 4 FBSPORT Inflatable Air Tumbling Mat – Also Consider.
- 5 We Sell Mats Folding Tumbling Mat.
Why do gymnasts use thick mats?
Gymnasts use floor mats that are very thick to increase the time taken by the gymnast to come to a full-stop after impact with the floor. As the thickness increases the impact time, the force applied to the gymnast decreases. Thus, thick floor mats increase the impact time and reduce the applied force.
What is a gym mat PDF?
The Gym mat is an extremely durable loose-lay interlocking floor tile for comfort and safety in gymnasiums and weight training areas. The flat, textured surface allows for great stability whilst the bevel edges eliminate trip hazards.
What thickness exercise mat is best?
Yoga Mat Thickness and Weight
If you’re not sure where to start, choose a mat that’s about 1/8-in. thick (or 3.175 mm), a pretty standard thickness. These mats are excellent for those in a strong, flowing practice. They allow solid contact with the floor, which helps with stability during a variety of poses.